Monday, February 20, 2012

Being Free; A Study of the Constitution of the USA

To be free is to be educated and to be educated is to do the work that one needs to do to maintain that freedom. Our schooling should not stop when we finish high school or college. No, learning is a lifetime adventure, an exciting and to me a very pleasurable journey.
I was telling my son the other day that it would be nice if we could go around to all the colleges, universities and libraries and take classes that are interesting (and free or inexpensive). He of course agreed with me on this idea. The problem is the money, driving and so on. There is a bit of a solution though and that is the internet, the world wide web of opportunity.
In my search for educational opportunities I have found many websites that offer free access to great classes from some of the best schools in the world. From Yale to Stanford, iTunesU, YouTube and so on, the classes are out there for those who want to learn more.
Today I started a free 10 week course; the Constitution 101  offered by Hillsdale College. It is a beginning class, but so far very interesting. Have you read the Constitution or any of the other important documents of our country lately or at all? I have read some and bits and pieces of others, but not all the way through the Constitution and I should have. I will be reading it and many others over the next 10 weeks and writing about my thoughts.
Check out the site and remember to keep learning and having fun.

No comments: